Know the best low carb diet foods you must include in your low carb diet.
You already decided to make the low carb diet, but you do not know what to eat? Start a low carb diet is difficult and even more if you do not know what low carb diet foods to eat, but congratulations for your decision to follow the low carb diet and help spread it, soon you will feel the best way (usually 3 weeks after starting it and your body detoxifies). The chemists of the processed food.
Fats and Oils
This will be the bulk of your food intake so take great importance. Fat is very important for your body, but it is also very dangerous if you consume the wrong fat.
Saturated and monounsaturated fats such as butter, macadamia nuts, avocado, eggs and coconut oil are preferable.
Avoid hydrogenated fats, such as margarine to minimize your intake of trans fats in your diet (it is associated with coronary heart disease).
Be careful with nuts because it contains high amounts of omega 6 (which is highly inflammatory).
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Macadamia oil
- Red Palm Oil
- Chicken Fat
- Duck Fat
- Macadamia nuts
- Mayonnaise (be careful if you have added carbohydrates, look for the sugar-free version)
- Peanut Butter, do not use those with added carbohydrates, limit your intake since it contains omega 6
- Meat Sego
Meat with more fat is preferable because it contains more fat than protein.
- Fish: Preferably: salmon, tuna, tilapia, mahi-mahi, squid, cod, sardines.
- Seafood: Crab, clam, squid, mussels, oysters, shrimp, lobster. (avoid the imitation crab meat)
- Eggs: You can prepare them in any way
- Meat: Cow, calf, duck, etc.
- Pig: be careful with the quality of the pig, since many young in Mexico are not well fed and are filled with parasites.
- Poultry: Chicken, duck, turkey.
- Salchicas and bacon: Be careful those who add sugar (which is the majority, if those who sell in cosco have added sugar, so you can eat more).
- Protein shakes
Most non-starchy vegetables have low carbohydrates. Consume organic vegetables to avoid effects of pesticides and other chemicals. Limit your consumption of carrots, tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins. Avoid potatoes, peas and corn because they contain a lot of carbohydrates.
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Bamboo shoots
- Bean sprouts
- Water chestnuts
- Onions (not much, since they have more sugar)
- Brussels sprouts
- Any green leafy vegetables
- Snow pea
- Lettuce and vegetables for salad
- Celery root
- Green beets
- Dill pickles
Organic dairy products of preference.
- Sour cream (Check the labels to avoid carbohydrate additives)
- Milk cream
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese (counts each portion of 1 oz cheese as 1 carbohydrate in general)
- Whole milk yogurt without sugar (limit your intake as it is a little higher in carbohydrates)
- All hard and soft cheeses: (counts each portion of 1 oz cheese as 1 carbohydrate in general)
Nuts and Seeds
You can consume nuts, almonds and macadamias since they are the ones with the lowest level of carbohydrates. But do not overdo it as they contain high levels of omega 6.
- Green tea without caffeine and without sugar
Basil, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cloves, dill, ginger , mint, mustard seeds, oregano, parsley , chili pepper, rosemary, sage, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, thyme, and turmeric.
Foods That Look Good That You Should Avoid
- Fruits: Most fruits are not on the list because of the high sugar content (they are the sweet of nature).
- Tomato-based products: Like tomato sauce, catsupt, etc.
- Diet soda: If you could take it, but it will increase your hunger and decreases the possibility of following the diet.
Read the article on top foods to avoid on low carb diet